Here’s an interesting take on managing office costs – ask your employees to bring examples of recently printed documents to you.
- What you’ll likely notice: one-sided, color prints; some with images or logos – or perhaps decks of PowerPoint slides or print-outs of emails.
- Then visit your office printer and note the mounds of abandoned hard copy nearby.
- Take a walk around the office. Do more employees than not have a personal printer or scanner on their desks?
What do all these have in common? They all contribute to material use – and waste – when better, more efficient printing options are widely available.
Uncover a better way to print
Between supplies, wasted paper and toner, redundant hardware and the sheer number of hours employees spend printing, filing and retrieving hard copy, the actual per-page cost of printing can be startling.
Fortunately, a Managed Print Services (MPS) provider can help you realize more effective document solutions by assessing your print fleet and showing you where the waste, and the cost, is peaking.
MPS services also include:
- Monitoring usage to ensure that toner is always available for just-in-time needs without over-purchasing.
- An expert eye on your devices’ performance, to catch small issues before they become big problems.
- Suggestions to streamline your workplace layout ensuring that the most needed devices are closest to the people who need them most.
- Employee training on print best practices.
- Plans for a green-focused office, disaster recovery and more.
Changes in user habits, the right selection of compatible hardware and software, and a partner dedicated to eliminating print downtime can help slash those hidden costs while boosting productivity.
Talk to an MPS representative today about how you can optimize your print fleet.